and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Subconscious Issues

       Stressful dreams that is the way I’d been dreaming for about 12 years, and I could wake up every day recounting the dreams long enough to write them down if I wanted.  Funny thing is, I don’t really stress about things that happen (or exist) anymore- money, kids, hubby, health- I kind of believe God’s gonna work it all out, so why worry.  But my memory has been having problems for quite a while and the response of the doctor was, “It is stress induced memory loss.”  Hmmm.  “But I don’t really stress about anything” I say.  “It is subconscious stress,” he replies, and because of the dreams I know he’s right about my having subconscious stress.

       Anyone know what to do with subconscious stress?  Relaxing more won’t help when you never feel stress consciously.  So I figured if there is no way ‘man’ could help me with the problem, I know someone who can.  I very nicely asked the Lord to clean up my subconscious thoughts and then proceeded to give them to Him every time I went to sleep leaving my subconscious in His capable hands.  (I know sounds weird!) Lo and behold, I don’t have stressful dreams that I recall anymore and I sleep through the night now. 

Another hmmm.

       So, why didn’t I think of the Lord first?  I don’t know.  Sometimes we think in human, logical steps instead of God first.  I’m hoping one day it won’t be that way any longer, but until then, I’m not going to beat myself up about it.  It feels great to sleep through the night, and I am so very thankful that, once again, my Lord has done a miracle in my life.  It hasn’t helped my memory at all, but I’m still praying about that one.

Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;  Eph. 5:20
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.  1Th

       It is relatively easy to thank God for the good things that happen in our lives, but not so easy when our paths are littered with difficulties and grievous things.  He doesn’t really expect us to thank Him for those things, does He?  Always for all things.  In everything.  Thanks here is the word eucharisteo and means gratitude.  We can thank God in everything, for He is allowing it for a reason or purpose even if we don’t understand (Is. 55:8).  But the part we should be most grateful for is He will not leave us alone (Dt. 31:6) in the midst of any difficulty (Is. 43:2).  He is still on the throne (Ps. 45:6) and will not allow us to be overcome (1Cor. ). 

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers (various) temptations (experiences/ adversities); Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.  Jm. 1:2-4

       So, when we don’t feel like the Lord is present, or helping us, and the vice is pressing down on our lives, we can still thank Him for being who He is, for being with us, and for knowing what is needed in our lives for us to become the person we need to be.

Thank You Lord for Your patience with us.  Thank You for being with us through all the storms of life with love we barely comprehend.  Thank You for the good times, the healings, the blessings.  Thank You for the hard times, the ones we don’t want to face, but which we never face alone

           for you are with us.