and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Day Before

       It was just Friday we got the news that hubby is called back to work on afternoons.  It has been a long unemployment, and not the easiest to get through, but with the Lord’s help, we survived.  So on the eve of his first day back you would think all is well, but not so.  If anything could go wrong since the phone call, it has.  Our sole vehicle is experiencing problems, one kid is acting up, and another is self absorbed and doesn’t realize how her words are affecting Dad.  I spent the afternoon trying to fix a bike that is needed for tomorrow and whose parts were messed up by impatient hands.

       There are several things I need to do tomorrow morning, but now the priority is trying to get the car fixed so it is safe to go to work.  It’s not quite what we planned, but it will do.  These are all things that happen in our daily struggles and I’m not going to let it get me down.  One step at a time I will get each task done, and remember that along the way, God may bring someone in my path to tell about His love, or maybe He’s just going to do some more character building in me!

       Either way I am sure of the one constant in my life… His love.  It keeps me going even when I am tired and want to give up, or just plain tired like now.  He has never left me alone in my trials- though I see it in hindsight better than when I was in the midst of them.  The last few years I am sure of His presence in my life, and whether or not I feel He is near, I am certain He is.  That is a great comfort to me, and I face each new day knowing that my Lord and Savior is with me.  I can’t imagine not having that assurance. 

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? … For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:35-39