and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Blown Away

       Years ago my family went to Cedar Point; it is one of my favorite places to visit as I love roller coasters and they have some of the best, certainly the biggest variety of them.  At the time there was a new coaster called the Millennium Force (height above 300 ft) that I was looking forward to riding.  We stood in line for a couple hours and the excitement built up- right up until I stood right beside it and gazed upon its immense height from below.  Nervousness entered into play then.

       We sat in the front third of the seats, and off we went.  I screamed, I laughed and I fought to keep my face from flying off my head; it was a great ride!  We got off and started walking down the exit ramp and we could hear the laughter and awe in the voices around us and see the wind blown faces.  As I looked to see those following us, I noticed the woman immediately behind me, whose short hair stayed held up straight back, was clutching her blouse shut in front of her as it had blown open during the ride; she was laughing.  We’d all been blown away, physically and mentally- in a (mostly) good way!

       For me, walking on this journey with the Lord is a lot like riding that coaster.  I read all the interesting facts in the book (like the Bible) and it seemed as if it would be an exciting ride to take, so we went for it.  The more I trust the Lord, the more I see Him move in my life and in other’s lives, and the more excited I become.  Sometimes, like when the future looms large beside me, I get a little nervous thinking about it, but eventually I relax and enjoy the trip.  At times I laugh, I cry, I scream and I wonder if I’ll come out alive, but overall it is a ‘great ride’ / journey. 

       Occasionally it feels like I get ‘blown away’ by the wind (trials) and knocked off my feet, but the Lord is there to pick me up and help me get going again.  That is only the negative side of the coin.  Most of the time, I get ‘blown away’ by the Lord and the things He does in our lives.  He saves, He heals, He restores, He delivers, He teaches, He loves, He does so much more than that and He never leaves or forsakes us.  He is greater than I ever considered, and works in our lives more than I could ever imagine.  Each day with the Lord is new and exciting...

and He continues to 'blow me away' every day, in every way!