and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Alive Again


       There was one particularly fierce trial we went through that left me feeling dead inside.  I wasn’t quite sure if I would ever feel alive or if when I looked in the mirror there would ever be a sparkle again.  Days, months, weeks and years went by, and it was like I was a newly planted seed in the ground that was oh, so slowly, making its way through the hardened soil to find its way into the light.  Once again, I felt alive, and good about living.

       It is the same thing as I am walking on this journey the Lord directs me on.  As I learn more about Him and His Word and try to live as He wants me to, I become more alive- feeling and enjoying life more.  When I look in the mirror I no longer see dead eyes...  Here are a couple of verses about ‘life’:

I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.  Pr. 12:28

       Webster’s 1928 says this:Righteousness, as used in Scripture and theology, (in which it is chiefly used) is nearly equivalent to holiness, comprehending holy principles and affections of heart, and conformity of life to the divine law. It includes all we call justice, honesty and virtue, with holy affections;’ In other words- holy and moral according the Bible.  So, in Biblically holy and moral conduct we have life (alive, raw, fresh, strong).  I’m sure these words are things we all want to feel.  And there is no eternal death for those who follow in the Lord’s path.

       Jesus came to life again after His death so that we may have salvation and eternal life, but also so we could experience real life here on earth.  Personally, I can’t imagine living without His constant presence (Eph. ) to keep me from loneliness, His peace (Pp. 4:7) to keep me from anxiety and worry, and His joy (Nh. ) to add spark to my life.  He frees us from captivity (Is. 61:1) and renews our hearts and minds (2Cor. ).  In Him, I have found life, freedom, and an enjoyment for people and living I have never experienced before.

I am alive again thanks to my Lord and Savior, who gave His life that I may truly live mine!

All praise to You glorious Lord!