and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

What If…?

Questions are always on my mind…

What if I preach the gospel and they don’t receive any of it?
What if nobody learns anything?
What if I pray and nothing seems to happen?
What if I lay hands on the sick and they don’t recover?
What if I make someone cry in pain because of what God says to tell them?
What if they already know and just think I’m stupid to tell them?
What if I fail You Lord, again?

OR…

What if I don’t preach, they don’t hear, they die and go to hell?
What if even one person learns something that changes their life?
What if what happened is ‘un-seeable’ or comes days later?
What if the sick person does recover or their faith is strengthened?
What if the person crying in pain from what was said is freed from bondage?
What if the words come to their remembrance many days later, and they are healed?
What if I fail You Lord, again, but there are more ‘successes’?
     (And whose successes are they anyway?)


If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. (John 14:14)  Jesus said He will do it.
The king's heart is in the hand of the LORDhe turneth it whithersoever he will. Pr. 21:1
It is Jesus who heals, delivers, causes recovery, frees. Luke 4:18,19
...neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 1Cor. 3:7 


We all have to learn (be willing and obedient Is. ) to simply do what the Lord wants...
and leave the results to Him.