and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Unnecessary

       As I stood looking at my son’s school schedule at parent teacher interviews last night I noticed his early class was missing, so I went into the office to see what was up.  After being assured he was not taking that early class, and me assuring that I woke up every day to drive him to the bus at , we walked to the guidance office to see what happened.  Apparently, my son dropped the class (without asking me) and pretended to go to it every day for over a month.

       Was I angry?  No.  Mostly, I felt disappointed that he had deceived me for so long and worse for the thought that he so lacked trust in me that he couldn’t talk to me about what was going on.  Did he not think I would understand?  It also saddened me to think about the bondage he must have been under and the fear (of being caught) he must have felt.  And all of that bondage and fear was totally unnecessary because I would have understood and been okay with his decision.

       This issue made me think of the various times in the past that I have not trusted the Lord to understand, thinking He’d be mad at me if I disclosed how I felt about Him, or others, and not trusting that He wanted what was best for me.  I’ve lived in fear and bondage too long, and am not willing to live that way anymore.  Of course, the biggest thing that helps is trusting in my Lord.  I just know- beyond knowing- that He wants the best for me.

       Our primary instinct should always be to go to God first, and then perhaps we would not find ourselves in bondage and fear to begin with: 
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; Mt. ;
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Pr. 3:5,6 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2Tm. 1:7 
(Jesus came)…to proclaim liberty to the captives… Is. 61:1
Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually. 1Ch.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. Ps. 121:2

       So, I must always remember to seek the Lord first, trust Him with everything I am going through, ask for His help especially in making decisions, and to trust Him with all my heart.  Yep, I’m gonna try to remember that!!!  Yes siree!  Because I’m sure the Lord is also saddened when I live in unnecessary bondage and fear due to lack of trust in Him.

Lord, help me trust You completely…