and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Hate Being Sick

       Runny, stuffy nose, nasal backwash, phlegm, sinus pressure, sore throat, swallowing a basketball, and feeling like you’ve been run over by a Mack truck going 90 m/h down the highway: ah, it’s cold time again.  Actually, I typically avoid most colds, but it didn’t happen this time, so I guess I get to have a big ‘ol pity party for me!

         Makes me want to cuddle up under a warm, fuzzy blanket watching old comedies while drinking hot chocolate, eating warm rice pudding snoozing on and off.  Back to reality though.  Gotta wonder if Jesus ever got sick: colds, flu, childhood diseases and such?  After all, His body was human and in our fallen world.  What would it be like to think you once held the power to sustain all life, and now you are in a frail, weak (when sick), body in a fallen world?  It must be humiliating.

       As many issues as I have right now, I can only remember that, one day, there will be no more pain, sickness or disease for the curse will be NO MORE. (Rev. 22:3)  One day the Son will shine on my life forever.  Meanwhile, He brings warmth to my life better than any fuzzy blanket, makes me smile and laugh in His peace and joy every day, lets me drink of the water of life and feeds me the ‘warm’ living Word daily.  The Holy Spirit comforts me better than any chocolate or rice pudding can ever do.  Everything God has trumps everything the world has to offer.

Oh ya, and His healing is better than man’s medicine anyday!!!

Boo ya!