and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Completely Satisfied

       I do not earn as much as Oprah, I am not as popular/ famous as Lady Gaga, I do not have the veto power of Obama, I am not known for beauty like J’Lo, I am not as influencial as Wael Ghonim, I have never started anything as world changing as Mark Zuckerberg, and I do not have an esteemed reputation like ‘mother Teresa’.  By this world’s standard, I am not considered successful by most; rather, I am a stay at home mom trying my best to help raise our kids in a world that is increasingly ungodly.

       None of this bothers me because it is likely I have one thing they may not.  I am completely satisfied in the True God- Creator of heaven and earth.  He satisfies my every need in ways I could not truly understand until this past few years.  While that does not mean I am content to stay in our relationship the way it is today (I am always desiring to move forward or improve), I am wholly satisfied with who He is, what He has done, what He has not done for me, and the life He desires for me to have (even when it’s intimidating).

       Maybe someday I’ll have lots of money, fame, power, good looks, or influence, or perhaps I’ll do something world changing and gain a reputation for… something good.  Truth is that I don’t really care about any of those things.  I am absolutely satisfied with God and as long as I am in His will for my life, that is the most important thing to me.  In the end, it is God’s judgment of my ‘success’ that matters most anyway.

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!  For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. Ps. 107:8,9 



Oh Lord, help me to see Your path for me and be bold enough to walk that way.