and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A Simple Question

       Today I heard news about the bad snow storm which hit the east coast of North America this weekend past- unusual for this time of the year.  Reports are anywhere from a few inches to over a couple of feet.  Power is out for over one million people, schools are closed, there are damages and injuries, but the hardest news to hear was the death of over 20 people- God created fellow human beings.

       The first question in my head was ‘how many of them were born again or saved?’  Hundreds of people work, live, walk and drive by me everyday.  How many know the Lord intimately?  Those who do not have a personal relationship with the Lord are doomed to an eternal life of torment without Him.  I don’t even want to think about that.  Still, the reality world wide is thousands of people are dying daily, many never even hearing about the Lord.  In a country like ours with so many freedoms and privileges, that is a shame.

       While I can’t go around the world to spread the good news and help the hurting, I can financially or prayerfully support ministries abroad.  While I can’t travel across the country preaching on the street corners and reaching my entire country, I can certainly pray for Christians all over to rise up and reach out, and then I can reach out to the many people around me that I have contact with.

       Lord, give us all a boldness to proclaim Your good news to everyone so that they may all experience genuine love.  Forgive us for not seeing the unsaved people headed for destruction, for selfishness that keeps us from giving of our time and energy, and for being afraid to say anything about You to them.   Help us, change us, don’t give up on us, purify our hearts and minds to love and serve You all of our days.  Please give us a heart to love the lost and do something about it.

Here is a simple question to ask yourself right now:

What one thing can you do today to spread the good news of Jesus Christ?


Now, go do it…