and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Love Sundays


       Every Sunday possible, I walk into my local church (or one we’re visiting) and I see the wondrously differing variety of people that our God has created.  There are an assortment of heights from tall to vertically challenged people with red/ blond/ brunette/ gray/ black hair and a mixture of colours in between.  Some are happy, some sad, some worried, some content and some walking around that don’t even know which way is up anymore.  Each person wonderfully unique and needed on this journey called life.

       Church is not a building, but the people in the building.  We could surely survive without ever stepping foot inside another church building, but we could never endure without the people who are the church.  They make me smile, they make me cry, they make me laugh, they make me groan, they help knock chips off my shoulder, and remind me I am unique and special- just like everyone else.  I need each one of my brothers and sisters to help me along in this journey, and (horror of horrors! J ) they need me!

       Each one of us is a piece of the puzzle, incomplete without the others.  We are differing shapes and colours, but it takes each of us to complete it.  One piece missing ruins the whole thing and the picture would remain unfinished.  But together, we are a complete picture of the church of Christ, glorious and beautiful without fault (spot or wrinkle Eph. 5:27): complete.

       To all those who know, love and follow the Lord Jesus Christ, I am very glad you are a part of my family.  I am grateful for the assortment of people in our family.  It would be pretty boring if we all looked or acted the same.  Instead, God has given us diverse personalities, thought processes, gifts, and emotional dispositions just to keep things interesting.  And just think… if you haven’t worked out a way to get along with one of your fellow brothers or sisters, you’ve got all eternity with them to figure it out!

God is so good!!!