and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Hawk

       It sat on the wire early one morning watching the sun rise in the east.  The bird was big enough to be a hawk, but I wasn’t sure.  It didn’t seem to move at all except for its small white feathers being ruffled by the gentle breeze.  Perhaps it was awaiting the warmth of the new day before it took off, or maybe it was enjoying the brilliance of colour and light.  Whatever it was doing, it seemed to be in a very content and peaceful place.

       A lot of the times when I have realized my own discontentment, it has always factored down to one basic lack… that of deliberately spending time in God’s presence.  He is like the sun to us.  He brings us life, warmth, spectacular colour and Light.  Reading His Word, praying, and meditating on Him can all be done without feeling His presence.  Yet it is feeling His presence that brings us contentment, peace and joy into our lives.  We can enter into His presence if we want to- anytime.  He tore the veil in two to say just that! (Mat. 27:51)

       I want to be like that bird on the wire just watching as the Son rises in my heart and in my life.  I want to feel the presence of the Lord in my life- all the time if possible.  I want to experience His abundant life daily (John ) and for Him to warm up any coldness left in my heart. (Mat. 24:12) I want to see His spectacular beauty (Ps. 90:17) and to know His Light (Ps. 36:9) as He guides me on my way. (Ps. 119:105)

Let us all bask in His glory!