and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

If I had a million dollars…

       Did you ever have one of those fantasy thoughts?  As I was driving in the car this morning, I thought of it.  What would I do if I had a million dollars?  Ever practical me, immediately I thought I’d buy a new (meaning good used- to me) vehicle.  Ours is getting old… Next I could pay off the mortgage and our debt, and then I could get the two bathroom walls fixed that are literally falling apart.  Suddenly it struck me that I hadn’t considered the Lord at all, and that made me kind of sad.

       Why was He not my first thought?  Why, at least, didn’t I think that I would start by praying and asking what He wanted me to do with the money?  Instead I had already planned what to do with my blessing without even consulting the Lord who would have given said blessing.  We say we long for more of the Lord, to be closer to Him, to know Him more, but when it comes to our daily activities, we don’t often consider Him first, if at all. 

       So the big question on my mind, is how do I change my whole thought process to consider the Lord first, or at the very least sooner than I do now?  I guess I’ll start with prayer for all the many believers who want more of the Lord.

Lord,
Rekindle our love for You, set our desire on fire so that our longing for You cannot be surpassed by anything or anyone else.  Stir up our passion that lies dormant under the cares and stresses of this world.  Let us awake to thoughts of You and feel Your Spirit with us through each moment of our days.  You who are mighty and all powerful help us in Your mercy and Your grace.  Thank You for being so long suffering with us.  All glory and honour to You forever.  Amen