and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One of Those Days

       It was one of those days.  My day started with three and a half hours of broken sleep followed by a long drive over three hours, computer software lessons of about seven hours that filled my head to overflowing, the long drive back home (a short nap in the van though J) and finally I was able to rest.  My head is still swimming with information- that I was very glad to learn- but I’ve never been good with days like today.

       Tiredness overtakes my body, but it’s a good tiredness, and I look forward to diving under the covers of my bed, reading a bit of The Word, and laying my head down to relax away the brain strain of the day.  All I feel is gratefulness.

-My nose is stuffed because of allergies, but I will be able to go and get my shot to help tomorrow- and one whole nostril is clear for breathing- yeeha!

-I was able to go and learn something new that will allow me to help others (which I love to do) and work in an area I enjoy in my local church- and my head did NOT blow up! J

-We had no big traffic problems, and with hundreds of people on the road, that is a miracle in itself.

-Tomorrow I visit my dentist and my doctor who will help me to remain healthy- where else in the world can you access affordable healthcare in this way?

-I have a house to shelter in and warm bed to crawl into… and the most amazing pillow I hope to never lose!

-Thoughts of friends and family bring a smile to my lips, and even though some of them are far away L, I know for the most part they are fairly safe in this country, and I am likely to see them again.

-Best of all, the One who loves me most is with me now; He will be with me through the night, watching over me as I dream, and will be waiting for me in the morning to start a brand new day together.

Like I said, I am so very grateful.


Lord, thank You for this life.