and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Wisdom upon Returning

       A boy I knew became a man and is now going back and forth to India spreading the love and gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ in very tangible ways.  It has been good to hear the news of how the work is going over there.  I just finally got around to reading his last email upon his return from India and the people he has come to love.  The closing of his letter resonated with me and I think it is one of the wisest statements I’ve ever read.

       I’m leaving his statement to stand on its own.  Take time to really consider all that it’s saying.  If you are reading this today, then God intended for you to read it.  Consider what it communicates, what it means to you, what it signifies in your journey, and what it represents to life.


Ethan writes…
“…it was an experience that - as all experiences do - is shaping who I am today. It was real life and real people; people whom I will never forget – I am a part of their lives and they are a part of mine. As far as “what next?” same as always! I don’t know, but I know who does know and so I will continue to seek His direction – knowing that it will be the best life, because it’s the life He has given me and what could be better than that?”