and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Value

{A little preamble here.  This is an older piece writing that I'd like to share from my heart to yours.
It is my thoughts based on the line "There's no way to measure what You're worth" from the song
Above All by Michael W. Smith.}


       What we give the most time, thought, and effort towards is usually that which is of most value to us.  Our first car, our first house, our friends, our family, our spouse, and our children tend to be the things we highly value.  These are the things that consume our lives.  How far would we go to protect our car, our house, and further still to protect those that we love?

       Our first car will break down, our first house will constantly demand maintenance, and our loved ones will fail us in unthinkable ways.  Yet still, these are what we highly value.  Over the years, the value of these things has faded to me.  Even food, water, and the basic necessities of life no longer seem important.  The air I breathe only serves one purpose for even it is sustained by my Lover’s hand.  My heart beats for Him, and my flesh lives another day for Him.  I am here today because of Him.  He has given me a life with Him that I never even dreamed of.

       When I consider what I would do for Him, I imagine that I could stand up for Him, I think I would fight for Him, and I even guess that I would die for Him.  These things seem a paltry sum to give back to Him for all He has done for me.  You see, life holds little value when your greatest desire is to be forever face to face with the Lord.  For me, the greatest challenge is to live the life that He desires me to live; to wake up again, knowing it is just another day I’ll not see Him face to face.  To wake up and realize once more that I won’t be in His literal arms, and that I cannot kiss His sweet lips, and still I must do what He has called me to do.

       How do you put a value on something so priceless, and how do you measure infinity.  There is no way, for He is worth more to me than even I can imagine.