and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

In His Presence

     Remember this song we used to sing? In Your presence, in Your presence, there is peace. In Your presence, in Your presence, there is joy. I will linger, I will stay, In Your presence day by day, till Your likeness may be seen in me. Where are the other verses that say in Your presence there is conviction, discipline, or shame of sin? I wish I wouldn't sin anymore, but as my son said yesterday, "I am only human."

     He's right. As long as I am human I will sin. As long as I am human I may choose to jump into the filth of my past again which will lead to shame and regret, which leads to needing God's forgiveness, to my releasing it all to Him and Him washing me clean... again. Wish I could be completely holy, but it won't happen in this flesh. I look forward to God's pure and holy new life in our new bodies in a world where no corruption or wickedness can enter in.

And where I can be in His presence forever.
                                                      FOREVER!

...For Jehovah your God is with you in all places where you go. Js. 1:9
And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever, Jh. 14:16
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying,... And, behold, I am with you all the days until the end of the world. Amen. Mt. 28:18,20


                                               In His Presence...

                                               Broken
                                               Desperate
                                               Needing You, wanting You
                                               Filthy
                                               Rotting
                                               Grieving me, my sin
                                               Washing
                                               Cleansing
                                               All my filth, all my sin
                                               Your grace
                                               Your mercy
                                               I don’t deserve, I do receive
                                               Desperate
                                               Longing
                                               For more of You, more with Me
                                               Needing
                                               Wanting
                                               To be with You, to see Your face
                                               Come be
                                               With me
                                               My Greatest Love
                                               Together
                                               Alone
                                               In Your Garden