and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Are We Connected?

     It’s another day…  again. Let’s see if this time I can maintain the blog without any more delays. It is most difficult to upload documents without internet access. (Yes, there are still places like that.) Apparently, not all hospitals have free wifi, or people with cable as I always assumed they had. I have remedied that situation for my friend now that I’m home and it no longer matters to me! (insert eye rolling) It is good to be back to writing again.

     So I’ve been thinking about connection. Just how connected are we with the Lord? Do we only connect by hardwire to church with Him on Sunday, or are we content with a couple minutes on our home wifi with Him in the morning. Are we ‘addicted’ enough to Him to have a mobile wireless connection so we can have 24/7 access everywhere that we go? That is my choice- even though I don’t utilize that very connection as often as I should.

     Then we must question: do I only connect to get things, or do I connect to learn more about the Lord, get feedback (listen), and just to hang out with Him? If I’m honest, sometimes I’m just too tired or lazy to put much effort into our connection. And then I wonder why I am struggling with life…  (more eye rolling)

I’m grateful He’s never been as tired or lazy in His relationship with me.
Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. Ps.121:4
     It’s funny how people these days share everything online. Cool sayings, cute puppies, provoking thoughts, jokes, funny videos, news, politics, even gross stuff no one really wants to see. ‘Hey, look at this,’ ‘like this,’ ‘check this out’ ‘come see/ listen.’ We share even the crazy things that we saw, did, or that happened to us, but we don’t share our Lord the same way or with the same excitement.

Ouch!

     In the old days of Israel, only the high priest had direct access to the presence of the holy God, once a year in the Holy of Holies. It must have been scary because if they were not cleansed properly, they could die and would have to be dragged out (since no one else could go in). The Holy of Holies was behind a special (heavy) curtain in the Tabernacle and/or Temple. How sad that the rest of the people didn’t have that same access to the King of Glory.

And after the second veil was a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,But once in the year into the second the high priest goes alone, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the errors of the people) Hb. 9:3,7
     The cross changed everything. When Jesus died, the Temple veil was torn- from the top down- as only God could do- to show that through Jesus we have access directly to God’s presence once again as had existed in the Garden of Eden before the fall of man. And it is 24/7 IF we want it; but God will not force Himself in our lives. We must enter willingly. If we only want that hardwire connection on Sunday, or maybe even include the 5 minutes a day, there is little relationship being built with Him and our lives will not be full of the blessings He wishes in our lives.

And crying again with a loud voice, Jesus released His spiritAnd, behold! The veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And the earth quaked, and the rocks were sheared, Mt. 27:51
(about Jesus Christ) but by His own blood He entered once for all into the Holies, having obtained eternal redemption for us. Hb. 9:12

     As for me and all those willing to join me: let’s push our limits to the 24/7 unlimited bandwidth, mobile wifi relationship He wants to have with us. Care to join us too?


Therefore, brothers, having boldness to enter into the Holy of Holies by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He has consecrated for us through the veil, that is to say, His flesh; and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith,… Hb. 10:19-22