and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Movies and Life

     Over the years my husband and I have collected a lot of movies and t.v. series. At the point we reached about 300, I decided to start a database to have a way to sort through what we have to find what you want. It sorts through titles, runtime, rating, genre and actors. Want to see a movie in under 1 ½ hours, or a movie with Denzel Washington, or a scifi, it can be done in a jiffy. Keeping the actual movies in alphabetical order is quite a task. Every now and then they must be checked because others do not put them back properly. Also, accommodations must be made for new movies which occasionally means shifting the collection.


     My life can become just as messy sometimes. Often it is because I don’t take the time to keep up my health, my sleep, proper eating, and most of all, my spirit food: Bible, prayer, worship, devotions… It seems to free up my life only a short time, but then the later mess is more difficult to clear up. It isn’t just the messes that happen out of my choices, but family and friends can cause chaos to ensue. And we all know- life just happens and wrenches are thrown into the day.

Exhaustion falls and I am not done this post, so I will attempt to work faster before I fall asleep at the desk.

     Often I wish I could sort through my life as easy as the database and find the things I need to accomplish what I want. It doesn’t seem to work that way though. This morning I was beset with imminent issues due to my own procrastination. Enter in a family problem that took many texts and phone calls. Then a big mess needed cleaning up and I had to leave early for volunteer work. It was all too much. I am weary now and tomorrow starts early, but this promise brings hope to my life today- tonight.


Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Mt. 11:28