and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Incomprehensible*

     Many things in life seem incomprehensible; life, love, men or women depending on which you are, death, etc. The main thing I wanted (after love) is that peace which is apparent even in the midst of great trials. I had none of that for 39 years but when I saw it on others faces, I became envious. Little did I know of the greatest trial of my life would bring home so many wondrous truths, the greatest being acceptance of God’s sovereignty. And from that fresh trust and submission, my life, especially my Christian walk, was dramatically altered.

      Breast cancer entered my life two months after that trial and peace and joy did not leave my spirit through those physically tough 2 ½ years. Two years after that I knelt with arms raised praising God for His goodness, on the floor of an empty hospital waiting room not knowing if my husband would live after a heart attack. Peace enveloped and comforted me though answers came long after. It was only then I understood those prayers for ‘that peace’ had been answered through that big trial. Even though I’ve felt it, lived in it, and was grateful for it, it is still beyond my comprehension. Peace when all is falling down around you. Peace when you are rear ended at 80km/hr.

     Peace when your children reject you, almost everything about you, and it feels like your heart is breaking or ripping out of your chest. Incomprehensible peace. Oh wait, that didn’t happen. Why not? I’ve known that peace so why did it not show up that time? Could it be that instead of rushing into God’s arms and throwing myself on His mercy I did not enter into His presence for fear of overwhelming emotion? Oops! I lost His peace because of me. There is no one else to blame.
 
--commands in Php. 4:1-5
   stand fast in this way in the Lord
   be of the same mind in the Lord.
   help those … who labored in the gospel
   Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say, Rejoice! (Said twice this stands out)
   Let your moderation* be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. 
* suitable equitable, fair, mild, gentle
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Php. 4:6,7

     Lord, I know Your incomprehensible peace in good and bad times. Help me to keep that peace by remembering to draw closer to You instead of shutting You out in troubled times. Help me know You better and better every day so that one day people will see ‘that peace’ in me and want Your peace too.


I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in Me… Jh. 16:33
Jehovah will give strength to His people;
Jehovah will bless His people with peace.
Ps. 29:11
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You;
because he trusts in You.
Is. 26:3
And may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way.
The Lord be with you all.
2Th. 3:16


*impossible to understand or comprehend