and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Faith in Following

     Have you ever followed someone whose eyes are covered when your eyes are also covered?  It’s kind of scary.  You know if they could see they would lead you carefully through all obstacles and dangers, but since they are blind too, it could mean BIG trouble.  The thing is, neither one of you can see what lies ahead, so how can you trust that all will be fine…

     I actually think I’ve been treating God with the same lack of trust that I would a blind guide- even though I know better. God has always been (Jn. 2:2) and sees all (Hb. 4:13) from the beginning from the end (Is. 46:9,10). He knew my first breath even before my conception and He knows my last (in this flesh); and as He watched Adam in the garden of Eden and Jesus on the cross, so He already sees Jesus coming again. His ways, His knowledge is far beyond our comprehension (Jb. 36:26; Is. 55:8,9). So, why do I not trust Him the way I should?  Because I can’t see what lies ahead…  Silly me!

And when Jesus passed on from there, two blind ones followed Him, crying and saying, Son of David, have mercy on us. And when He had come into the house, the blind men came to Him. And Jesus said to them, Do you believe that I am able to do this? They said to Him, Yes, Lord. Then He touched their eyes, saying, According to your faith let it be to you. And their eyes were opened. And Jesus strictly charged them, saying, See, let no one know. But going out, they made Him known in all that land. Mt. 9:27-31

     These two men followed Jesus- literally blindly. They knew Jesus could take care of them. They cried out to Him for mercy. They followed Him into somebody’s house. That’s boldness ‘cause I don’t know if I’d walk into someone’s house without being invited… They believed He could help them, and so they weren’t letting Him out of their reach. They came to Him. Jesus opened their eyes, and they went out proclaiming His deeds.


     My life (condensed) so far:

Okay Jesus, I believe so I’ll follow. Wait, I want to sin for a while. Gosh, I'm sorry and I'm back. Wait again, it looks better on the other side. ... I’m back again- this time for good. Oh, you didn’t do what I expected so I’m mad at You. … I’m sorry. I was wrong and I’m back again. Why do You hate me so much that You allow all these crappy things to happen. … I was wrong; I’m back again … I don’t understand, still I’ll follow. I don’t fully trust, but I want to. … Help. I’m tired of messing up. Will I ever be faithful? God help me- for I cannot do life without You!

     Okay, so it’s not comfortable here, but it will be okay now because You are with me. Thank You. I don’t need to see or know as long as I remember that You see and know and You will do as You see fit in my life and in other’s.


And since I know I am unable to maintain this walk with You in my own strength, please give me the faith I need to follow You wherever You lead.

And the strength to actually follow.    

I love You Lord, 
                 Master, 
                       Savior