and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Thankfulness

 


     We have so very much to be thankful for in this great country of Canada, and even more so as a follower of Jesus Christ.  I think we have so much, we forget to be thankful for the small things, and sometimes the things that seem negative really cause other things we should be thankful for to rise up.





     Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise; be thankful to Him,
     and bless His name. Ps. 100:4
     In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1Th.
     5:18
     always giving thanks for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
     Ep. 5:20
     Thanks be to God for His unspeakable free gift. 2Cr. 9:15
     And everything, whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
     giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. Cl. 3:17

Lord, on this day of thankfulness, I'd like to thank you for a few of the many things You have done in my life.

Thank You for healing my lungs and that very first deep breath I remember taking last year.
Thank You for bringing my niece-in-law to You and restoring her marriage.
Thank You for bringing my son's brother into our lives and the two new friends You've given me.
Than You for my hubby which still puts up with me after 26 years...
Thank You for the neighbour who listens to me often, cares enough to ask important questions and shares her life with me.
Thank You for giving my strength and courage to move ahead in Your plans to me despite my own feelings.
Thank You for common sense and understanding.
Thank You that my ears hear music, my voice can sing songs, my eyes see the sun set and smiles on the faces of my children.
Thank You for two feet that keep moving every day.
Thank You for life, and breath, and a beating heart, and even pain which lets me know that something is wrong in my body.
Thank You that every time something 'goes wrong' in my life, You find a way to make another thing 'go right'.


And now, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name.
1Ch. 29:13