and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Messy Thoughts

       In the Christian world it seems honesty is difficult “to do” because it means people can see us as we are instead of who we want them to see us as.  I try to be honest even when people ask “How are you doing?” in passing by, sometimes shocking them with my answers.  So here’s my bit of honesty…

       My head wanders around with little direct focus.  There are about ten things in the Christian realm on which I continue to contemplate, several of which cause me to ponder Christianity and the mess it seems we (in the West) have become, three of which I need to make a decision as to action to take.  My body continues to ache from I don’t know what combined with heavy pulling, lifting and throwing of branches from the fallen tree.  My mind sometimes misses what a person says to me, perhaps only hearing the last word.

       In between all of the hard work of clearing branches, changing the house around and major cleaning, I enter in to a video gaming mode instead of what I should be doing- spending more time with my Love.  Today I realized there is little if any of this ‘down time’ that will benefit me in Heaven as it will mostly be ‘burned up’ as useless chaff.  All this time and effort--- for nothing.  How much of our lives will be like that?

Ah, now I understand my current state.  There are certain things I am avoiding…

      It’s easy to fall into the ruts of our pasts, far easier than heading in new directions.  I’m sure there is also some fear of the unknown kicking in there too.  The truth is I’m tired.  I don’t want to post.  I don’t want to think so much.  But in the midst of this mess I can’t forget this thought I found online.



John the Baptist preached:
Therefore bring forth fruits worthy of repentance, …  And now also the axe is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bring forth good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire. And the people asked him, saying, What shall we do then?He who has two coats, let him give to him who has none. And he who has food, let him do likewise. And tax-collectorssaid to him, Teacher, what shall we do? And he said to them, Continue to do no more than that commanded to you. And the soldiers also asked what shall we do? And he said to them, Do not forcibly extort anyone, nor accuse any falsely. And be content with your wages. Lk. 3:8-14 (in part)

Jesus preached:
But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you, Mt. 5:44
And He also said to him who invited Him, When you make a dinner or a supper, do not call your friends or your brothers, or your kinsmen, or your rich neighbors; lest they also invite you again, and a recompense be made to you. But when you make a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you shall be blessed, for they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just. Lk. 14:12-14
For I was hungry, and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in; I was naked, and you did not clothe Me; I was sick, and in prison, and you did not visit me.
Then He shall answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me. Mt. 25:42,43,45
Then Jesus, beholding him, loved him and said to him, One thing you lack. Go, sell whatever you have and give it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, take up the cross and follow Me. Mr. 10:21
Sell what you have and give alms… Lk 12:33
Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, I will cut him off; him who has a high look and a proud heart, I will not allow. Ps. 101:5

If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and if one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but you do not give them those things which are needful to the body, what good is it? Even so, if it does not have works, faith is dead, being by itself. But someone will say, You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith from my works. Jm. 2:15-18

How many of these things do we ACTUALLY do?