and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Missing an Opportunity

       Last night hubby and I were driving home from my favourite ice cream joint and I asked if he wanted to go for a walk with me on a trail we’ve never journeyed.  Since I hadn’t brought my camera, I couldn’t take it along, and sure enough, there were several pictures I would have taken if I’d had it.  He just kept reminding me (jokingly) how the light shone just right for that picture, and the texture of that plant made for an interesting shot, if only…  Ergh!  So I missed about ten good shots because I thought “I probably won’t have a use for it.”

       Perhaps I will try the path tomorrow when I am driving by, but there is no guarantee the flowers will look the same as they did yesterday or that it will not rain.  And it rained today so that may have changed things as well.  Still, I will take a chance and hope for the best, trying to remember it’s always safer to have my camera at all times.  Did I tell you I love my new camera?  I captured a shot of an 1/8th moon that was bright on the outside and showed the craters on the edge of the inside.  So cool!


       I heard about someone who died the other day and I wondered if I had ever missed an opportunity to share the good news with them.  I don’t remember if we even spoke to each other.  How sad is that?  I think missing out sharing the love of Jesus Christ is the worst of the missed opportunities because it could result in some person ending up in hell.  I wouldn’t want that for anyone. 

And He said to them, Go into all the world, proclaim the gospel to all the creation. Mr. 16:15
that through my mouth the nations should hear the Word of the gospel, and believe. Ac. 15:7
 
       In the mornings I usually jog 5k on my treadmill or outside on a rare occasion.  Most days I have time to properly stretch after, but if I am late getting started I run out of time and have to leave before stretching.  This means I will likely end up getting stiff especially in the neck and hip area.  There are always excuses to missed opportunities, but excuses won’t change the fact we lost out on something helpful, fun, incredible, exciting, interesting, etc.  Personally, I’m going to endeavour to make time, open more conversations, and carry my camera all the time rather than losing out on something good.

making the best use of your (opportune) time because the (days) times are evil. Ep. 5:16 ISV
Walk in wisdom toward those on the outside, redeeming the (opportune) time. Cl. 4:5
Come now, those saying, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city and spend a year there, and we will trade and will make a profit, who do not know of the morrow. For what is your life? For it is a vapor, which appears for a little time, and then disappears. …  Therefore to him who knows to do good, and does not do it, to him it is sin. Jm. 4:13,14,17

Please don’t miss this opportunity to personally know the Lord (deep down) if you don’t already, and surrender your life to Him.  Consider:

Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts...
Hb. 3:15