and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sochi 2014- Mogul Skiing



       There are many things in this life that I don’t understand.  One of them is mogul skiing.  I mean, who, in their right mind, would want to go plummeting down a hill at about 85km/hr on two thin slippery boards on a hill that is like a giant, snow covered antique washboard.  That doesn’t sound enjoyable to me.

       I guess it’s no different than speeding down the highway at 100 km/hr on washboard like asphalt after a couple months of winter mucking up the roads.  Of course, that’s not a choice but a necessity, and it seems all the roads are full of pot holes and buckled areas. Anyway, kudos to the two Canadian men and sisters that won gold and silver in their events.  Good for them, even if I think they’re crazy for being in that sport.

       Back to the roads though, as I was driving down a bad section, my body vibrating and the car making noise with the bumpy road, I got thinking about how one day there won’t be any mucked up roads anymore.  Even if there are roads in Heaven, they won’t ever be corrupted or decay. 

that the creation itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. Rm. 8:21
Do not lay up treasures on earth for yourselves, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up treasures in Heaven for yourselves, where neither moth nor rust corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. Mt. 6:19,20
to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled, and unfading, reserved in Heaven for you 1Pt. 1:4

        It is difficult for us to imagine a place where nothing breaks down, goes wrong, falls apart, wears out, but that is where our destiny lay- with the Savior in an eternal and glorious place forever.  With the snow piled high, and one too many frigid days to endure, a house in need of a new roof, bathrooms held together by duct tape and plastic that need fixing, rusted cars with engine lights on, I am strongly desiring to be out of this world (and this body) that keeps falling apart.

How about you?

All glory and honour to the Lord who keeps me going every day!

And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.
Ps. 39:7