and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, January 04, 2014

Who Knew?

       My family is moving on to a different congregation this week.  It is with excitement for what God is about to do in our lives and in 'the church' that we move forward, knowing that His plans for us will be fulfilled in these last days.  There is of course some sadness as I am very emotional and will miss seeing many of the people- the faces I have come to know and love.
 
       It was a few weeks ago the Lord set the date for me to leave- the end of December.  His plans were for me to stay to bring hope and healing.  In my mind I understood this to mean helping with a difficult congregational time, but in hindsight it was not that at all.  Now I believe it was more personal in nature as I made two important connections, one in each of the last two weeks.  One of those connections helped to bring some healing in my own life.  In fact, a third beautiful lady made a simple statement that brought some freedom into my parenting life.
 
       It is so incredible how God can use unexpected people and moments to effect change in our lives.  So not only did I receive some healing, but the Lord is positioning me to do a particular work for Him- namely, love people and show them His love.  What an honour it is that He wants to use me despite all my flaws and failures.  What a great, merciful and gracious God we serve!
 
 
       I didn't know what God intended for my future life when I was first saved.  I didn't know the stress and troubles we would go through in our married life.  I didn't know the sharpening and pruning that would need to be worked on or the many changes that I needed to go through in order to be useful to the Lord.  I never knew how much the Lord would find the right way to bring His strength and my surrender into my life.  With all the past, the present and the future it begs the question:  who knew? because I sure didn't.
 
God knew.
 
       He knew every moment, every decision right and wrong, every tear, every arrogant brush off, every movement towards Him, every step backwards, every sin and worldly action, every surrender and time of growth.  God knew every trial and sorrow I'd go through and my positive or negative reactions thereafter.  He knew every thought and how it would change me.  He knew every friend I would have at every different step of my life and every characteristic I would need to keep moving my feet in His direction.
 
God knew.
 
       And He knew where I needed to be this last couple weeks and specifically in which part of the building at exactly the right time to make contact with the people He wanted me to in order that we may follow His will- to love one another and bear one another's burdens.  I am so excited to see what the future holds for the Lord and me as we continue on this journey together.
 
Who knew how much I'd enjoy this new life I'm living?
 
God knew!
 
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways My ways, says Jehovah. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.  ---so shall My Word be, which goes out of My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall certainly do what I sent it to do. Is. 55:8,9,11
 
Remember former things from forever; for I am God, and no other is God, even none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past things which were not done, saying, My purpose shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure; Is. 46:9,10