and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, November 02, 2013

The Lord is Here!

      Sometimes I don't understand people.  Guess that's okay since half the time I don't understand myself.  Why did I do that, or say that?  Where did that response come from?  I guess we spend our whole lives dealing with issues, past, present and future and I'm so grateful the Lord is here to help us through it all.  Emmanuel- God with us.
 
       This is just a small list of those who personally met with the Almighty.  Notice they met with Him in gardens, mountains, wilderness, and even on the water.  He met with men, women, single persons and large groups.  He met them at work, at home, in a field, in an alley.  God met them at all ages and whether they were slaves or Kings. 
 
       Jd. 6:11,12 God met with Gideon at work in a field
       Gn. 2:22 God met with Adam, Eve in the garden
       1Kn. 11:9 God met with King Solomon
       Gn. 17:1  God met with Abram at home
       Ex. 19:20 God met Moses on a mountain
       Mt. 14:29 Peter walks to Jesus on water
       Gn. 16:7 God met Hagar in the wilderness
       Gn. 32:30 God met Jacob when he was alone
       Ex. 24:9,10 God met with a large (70+) group
       Nm. 22:31 God met Balaam in an alley


       The point is this: His name is Emmanuel meaning God with us.  If we truly understand that the Creator of the universe is with us and His Spirit dwells in us (1Cr. 3:16), then dealing with all the issues of life becomes less burdensome for we now share the load (Mt. 1:28-30) with another (who is all powerful! Rv. 19:6).  "For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."  God is with us anywhere, no matter what we are doing, how old we are, who we are with, and whether we're popular or not.  God is always with us.  He is here!
 
 
And, behold, I am with you
all the days until the end of the world.
Amen.
Mt. 28:20