and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Convicted...

 
I often feel like he looks!
      Of late, I am working on the first of a four part Precepts Bible study of Revelation.  At first I wasn't thrilled to HAVE to do the first part (mostly the 7 churches) because I've read them a kajillion (exaggerating) times and can't possibly learn more (right?) so it will be a major waste of time.  Reality and warning- intensive, inductive study on the churches will bring A LOT of conviction in your own life and MAJOR concern for the modern Christian church.  At least, our 20+ group is feeling that way...
 
       Anyway, I really enjoy Wed. night services especially as the Spirit seems to move, and last night was no exception.  So with all the conviction of late it was no surprise that the Lord brought up the root of an old problem in me that I thought was dealt with long ago.  Ouch!  Really?  Still? 
 
       I surrendered to Him, and the realization of MY sin in the matter came to the forefront.  Of course my natural reaction was to try and justify myself, but all that I've learned of late flooded in and I acknowledged, confessed, asked forgiveness and determined to change my ways (repented).  Suddenly a dam broke inside of me, the breaking of another bondage I didn't realize was there, and more freedom came pouring in.  (Thank You Lord!)  For the first time in forever I can love a particular individual with real feeling and, I hope, the last of the bitterness is gone.
 
(Holy Spirit) And when that One comes, He will convict the world concerning sin, and concerning righteousness, and concerning judgment. Jh.16:8
...the kindness of God leads you to repentance... Rm. 2:4
Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, double-minded ones. Be afflicted, and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to heaviness. Be humbled before the Lord, and He will lift you up. Jm. 4:7-10
 
       Like Peter who denied Jesus then went out and wept bitterly (Mt 26:74,75) we sometimes feel convicted of wrong, sin, error, unforgiveness, bitterness, etc.  When this happens we can do three things: accept and deal with it, deny it is a problem, or ignore it totally.  If we deny it we call God a liar and His Word untrue since He declares these things as wrong and says to acknowledge (Ps. 32:5 H3045- admit), confess (Pr. 28:13), ask forgiveness (1Jh. 1:9) and repent (Ps 28:13).  Ignoring it will allow sin to remain in us intentionally and kill us spiritually.
 
And in this I exercise myself, always to have a blameless conscience toward God and men. Ac. 24:16
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1Jh. 1:9
...let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily besets us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith... Hb. 12:1,2
 
       Let us deal with our issues immediately so that we may continue to be in God's fellowship with clean hearts and blameless consciences.  Let us lay aside ANYTHING which will hinder our relationship with Him, and patiently run this race together with our Lord Jesus.  God is no respecter of persons (Ac. 10:34; Rm. 2:11).  What He's done for me, He can do for you!  Only in Him is true freedom!!!
 
 
And the Lord is that Spirit;
and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Cr. 3:17