and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Best Weight Loss Pill EVER!

       So, a friend of mine mentioned the best weight loss pill ever today (hope you don't mind me using this...) that can help you lose pounds in a day, perhaps way more than that.  Now, they say that a healthy weight loss would be about two to three pounds a week, but I can pretty much guarantee what I share with you will only be beneficial but give better results.  Imagine a new, lighter you... Faster than overnight!
 
       Just about every adult I know wants to lose weight, at least a few pounds, but some need to lose a lot to improve their health.  Some of us seem not too bad but have hidden floppy parts we don't like to expose, trust me though, most have weight to lose.  Personally I've gained and lost a lot of weight over the years, but in the end I can't say the scale in my bathroom tells the whole truth.  It misses out on my biggest weight loss ever.
 
       In 2005, I'm pretty sure my weight was up to about...    5000 lbs.  I was walking around carrying the 'weight of the world' on my shoulders: the burdens of life, troubles, tragedy, sorrow, crushed dreams.  And there, in the middle of the worst trial of my life, not believing I would survive, I finally gave it up- my control that is.  In other words, I 'fully' surrendered to God in a way I'd never done before.  Immediately, it was like I'd lost 2 tons (still 1000 lbs left for those who don't know the conversion).  God delivered me- not from the trial I was in, but from the bondage of oppression that weighed so heavily upon me.
 
I am Jehovah your God, who has brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Ex. 20:2
 
       Suddenly I found peace beyond understanding (Php. 4:7) and joy in the presence of the Lord (Ps. 16:11) both of which I hadn't felt for years.  Suddenly I didn't feel alone any longer, for my heart was once again open to my Love, and life seemed survivable.  Suddenly, I knew everything was going to be okay, even if my circumstances never changed.

       In June of 2006 the Lord gave us a medical miracle which dramatically changed the trial, but I was already tons better mentally and spiritually.  That peace and joy remained even after I was diagnosed with cancer a few months later, because this time I was believing God that all would be good, and leaning heavily on Him.  Still, there was that last 1000 pounds left on me that the Lord continued to free me from a little more each day, restoring life to this body.
 
       It was late 2012 when I felt like the remainder lifted.  The Lord released me from the rest of the weight on me (felt like that anyway), and the feeling of freedom, true freedom is beyond any description*.  All the things that kept me weighed down lifted off of me.  Troubles are still around, but it seems easy to shrug them off now because I know the two most important things: God is with me through everything, all the time, and He wants good for me therefore I can trust Him to make everything good- eventually.
 
Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. Mt. 11:28-30
 
       So, I guess what I'm saying here is that God is like the best weight loss pill ever, but in order to receive His benefits to their full, we've got to swallow our pride and surrender.   I promise that if you do, your life will never be the same again.  You'll be free!

(for more on this freedom, read here, here, and here)
 
 
Therefore if the Son shall make you free,
you shall be free indeed.
Jh. 8:36
 
Stand fast therefore in the liberty
with which Christ has made us free,
and do not again be held with the yoke of bondage.
Gl. 5:1