and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hot Cocoa and Ponderings...

 
       Just sitting here drinking a hot chocolate, pondering if there are Timmies in Heaven, and if the Lord will meet me there for a drink sometime.  Of course, there won't be coffee there because that's the drink of the devil LOL.  Truth is, I just can't stand the taste OR smell, so I bug all the coffee lovers about it whenever possible!  But having a drink with the Lord face to face- now that's a great thought!
 
Some specifics about Heaven may not be certain but there are things we can know. 
 
...Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.  And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away.
And He sitting on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said to me, Write, for these words are true and faithful.  And He said to me, It is done. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who thirsts I will give of the fountain of the Water of Life freely.
  Rev. 21:3-6 MKJV
 
       So, God dwelling with us forever... sounds great, but does that mean we will all see Him all the time?  And since there is no death, mourning crying out or pain, does that mean I am never sad, and so I can't remember life (and loves) from before or I am just changed somehow that it doesn't bother me?  Well, it does say all things are made new.  Woohoo!!!  New earth, new bodies, new lifestyle, new brain, new attitudes (really hoping!!!) new heart- thereby emotions, and so on and so on.
 
       For years I've been thinking about a heavenly secluded log cabin in the woods by a lake with a river running through it, a cotton candy machine and electric ice cream maker in the kitchen, and of course, me in my new completely healthy body.  Except for the last part, I'm not sure if the rest will come true, but I guess these days I don't care so much.  Besides, I'm sure whatever the Lord has planned will be the best thing possible for all of us and we WILL like it.
 
       I just wanna be with Him.  See, and that's the sticky part for me- I have to share Him.  Not that I don't want to, but how is He going to give us all the time we want, because I want LOTS of face time with Him.  I read the kids Left Behind series one time (40 books) and I loved the scene where Jesus returns to the earth, and those believers who are still alive all see and speak to Him personally as if they are the only one yet it is happening to them all.  Since our God is all powerful, this can certainly happen.  I hope Heaven is something like that- where He is able to walk and talk with each of us wherever we are all day every day- I can't imagine wanting it any other way.

                          But as for me, my contentment is not in wealth
                          but in seeing you and knowing all is well between us.
                          And when I awake in heaven, I will be fully satisfied,
                          for I will see you face to face.  Ps. 17;15 TLB