and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Tucked In

       When my kids were little, I used to go into their rooms when it was lights out time, and tuck them into bed.  My daughter didn’t like her covers to be stuck down, but she liked them pulled up right under her chin with her arms and one foot sometimes uncovered.  My son liked to have his covers under his chin, while they were pushed underneath him like a cocoon.  They both loved to be tucked in, but in two different ways to suit their body temperatures and comfort levels.

       As for myself, I don’t like my sheets stuck down either, but I do like to be under enough blankets to stay warm or I can’t sleep at all.  I don’t have any memories at all about bedtime when I was young, but I do remember what it was like soon after I gave my life to the Lord.  As the youngest child often left alone, I didn’t feel much loved.  So it was that after I was saved the Lord blessed me with His presence at night and it would feel like He was holding me in His arms until I fell asleep.  It was a warm and peaceful place that I’ve never forgotten.  Despite the blessing of His presence those first few months, I drifted away from the Lord for a while.

       Today, I don’t need Him to come to me in the dark of the night when I may feel lonely or distant from others, because I now know He loves me, and just how much He loves me (scriptures below).  I know when I need Him, He is there waiting for me to come to Him and say, “I need You, to be with You, please hold me” just like you would to a spouse if you were married.  The Lord’s arms are warm and waiting for me.  They are still a place of comfort and peace and they help me get through the troubles of this world.

       The Lord is my constant companion through all the joys of this life and the troubles.  Some days, when it’s raining, cold and miserable weather, I want to just curl up under the blankets, have a hot cocoa to sip on, and just stay there until it passes.  When the troubles of life are bearing down hard on my shoulders, I just want to curl up with the Lord with a hot cocoa to sip on, and just stay there until it passes, or until His peace floods me and I can stand again.  He is my warmth, my comfort and my peace and in this present world, that is worth more than life itself.


     Lord,
          let us always remain
               tucked in to Your loving arms!
 



*   *   *   *   *  
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Rom. 5:8 NKJV

that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.  Eph. 3:17-19 NKJV
For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,  nor anything above, nor anything below, nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:38:39

The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms  Dt. 33:27 NKJV
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1Pt. 5:7 NKJV
My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. Jh. 10:29