and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Alone

       Some days we all feel alone.  It doesn’t matter that people surround us, or that we drive by them, work with them, and talk with them.  We just feel alone.  And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.(Gen. 2:18)  God said these words though He was already here (Gen. 1:1) and the animals were also created (Gen. 1:20-25) when man was created (Gen. 1:27).  We were not meant to be alone.  The Lord God Almighty can bring us to a place where we never feel alone again.  I can attest to this by my own life.  Here are some poems of mine to show my journey with Him.

Untitled (1981- age14)

I am here
Alone
All by myself.
No one enters,
And I
Remain alone.


     Alone (1995, age 28)                                          Never Alone (2003- age 36)

     I burn in the fire                                             She walks alone
     Alone                                                               To the beat of a different drum.
     My flesh consumed                                           No one notices her
     With pain                                                      As she walks by
     Melting away to nothing                                     But a little smile
     And no one knows                                            Plays on her lips.

     I drown in the flood                                         She stands alone
     Alone                                                                 In the midst of the crowded room
     Engulfed in water that                                          Not really fitting in.
     Fills my lungs                                                She understands that
     No room is left for air                                           The choices she made
     And no one sees                                                 Alienates her from others.

     Caged with wild beasts                                  She sits alone
     Alone                                                                Often: when at school and at work.
     They tear chunks of meat                                    Others wonder why
     From my bones                                             She is so different
     I am exposed to all                                             For she doesn’t
     And no one cares                                               Behave the way they do.

     Seized by my enemies                                    She kneels alone
     Alone                                                                 In the darkness of her room
     Body and soul tormented                                     Lifting her voice in prayer
     As they jeer                                                    For all those she knows
     My body is beaten and bruised                            And those she does not.
     And no one helps                                               She is not alone.
                                                                      
     Long nails pierced His hands                           She is never alone.
     Alone
     Humiliated , betrayed, beaten
     And whipped
     His blood poured out for me
     He died to help

     He will help me.


You are not alone.

You are never alone.