and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Favorite Super Hero


       Since at least my teenage years, I thought Superman was the greatest ‘super hero’ there was.  Sure, Spiderman could shoot out webs and swing, Batman could fight really well and had a cool car, and the others all had their special abilities, but to me, Superman was the best.  He was stronger, faster, more powerful, leapt really high, was invulnerable, could fly, and best of all, was a ‘man’ of integrity.  Plus, he was played by Christopher Reeve who was kinda cute!

       Not much has changed in the attributes I desire in my Super Hero, after all, how do you respect and adore someone who does not have the attributes you admire.  The only difference is my favorite Super Hero has changed.  You see, I found the One who possesses "extraordinary or superhuman powers" and who is truly dedicated to protecting people.  Here is His list of ‘superhuman powers’:

God is omnipotent. –unlimited power, able to do anything (Rev. 19:6; Is. 40:26)
God is omniscient. –complete, unlimited knowledge, knowing everything (Ps. 139:12; Ps. 44:21; Jer 17:9,10; Heb. 4:12,13; 1Cor. 2:10)
God is omnipresent. –within creation there is no place He can’t go (Ps 139:7-10)
God is stronger for He is our strength. (1Jh. 4:4)
God cannot die- therefore invulnerable. –incapable of being hurt or damaged (Ps. 90:2)
God can do whatever He wants. (Is. 46:10; Ps. 135:6)
God always was and always will be. (Ps. 90:1,2; Rev. 22:13- Jesus is God)
God sustains the universe in motion. (Col. 1:17- by him all things hold together ISV)
God has the highest integrity. –honest, strong principles, moral uprightness (Heb. 6:18; Is. 6:3; 1Sm. 2:2)

Can’t beat that, Superman!!!