and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Been to a Funeral

       I actually didn’t know the man whose funeral it was; sure I’d seen him a couple times, but it was his wife I knew, and her first husband.  She did not deserve to lose two husbands in her life, but since sin entered the world, so did death (Rom. 5:12) and we humans cannot control life and death no matter how much we want to.  So it was a solemn morning for me- there was no real celebration.  The right words were spoken at the service as if there was a glorious new day ahead for the man, but I didn’t see it in the faces…  Very sad.

For today, I am just writing some of my thoughts.

I wonder how many of the people reciting or singing specific words really believe what they are saying.
(That goes for anyone at any church!)
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.  Mt. 6:7

You can find brothers and sisters in the Lord just about anywhere.
There was an adorable little old lady whose face shone with God’s love and glory.

Why is it we think being good (going to church, serving at church, praying etc) will get us into eternal life in Heaven?
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.  Eph. 2:8,9

Life is in Jesus Christ and no other.  Reading about Him/ the Bible won’t save you.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.  And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.  Jh. 5:39,40


True joy, peace, hope (Rom. 15:13), freedom (Gal. 5:1), and abundant life (Jh. 10:10) are only found in relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Jesus said:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.  Lk. 4:18-21


Thank You Lord and Savior
                for the new life and hope for a glorious eternity with You
                                   because of all You have done.