and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, July 02, 2012

The Memories of Man… and God

       “Hi Vicky, do you remember me?”  I look into her eyes and see she knows me and instantly I recognize her but I can’t place the where and when.  It’s embarrassing when my memory fails to recall the names of people I knew and spoke to often, especially when in the back of my mind I remember them being so kind and caring.  As always, I admit I remember her but not her name, and she is kind enough to tell me.  Name recall is a particularly bad memory area of mine.

       I was 16/17 when I attended my first evangelical church.  My sister introduced me to the pastor, and every week after that, he said, “Hi Vicky, how are you?”  After I moved and went to a different church, he remembered my name (and my sister’s) whenever I visited.  He still remembers my name today though I stopped going there in the late 80’s and his church has over 1000 people- incredible...


100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

       Estimated number of stars in the universe*.  Astronomer Pieter van Dokkum tripled this number in 2010 due to a recalculation of red dwarfs.  (The truth is all numbers given are an estimate anyway, as no technology or human can see them all.)  For every star there is potential for one or more planets in its system!

He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. Ps. 147:4 NKJV
Look up into the heavens. Who created all the stars?  He brings them out like an army, one after another, calling each by its name.  Because of his great power and incomparable strength, no a single one is missing.  Is. 40:26 NLT


       Our mighty God can count that high- without forgetting where He was!  In Oct. of 2011 Earth’s population reached over 7 billion (according to United Nations).  God knows each of our names.  Actually, He knew our names, and those of all the millions of people before us, before any of us were conceived (Jer. 1:5).  “your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
(Ps. 139:16 NIV)

       God created every animal, brought each of the beasts and fowl to Adam to name, and that was their name (Gen. 2:19).  Both Adam and God remembered them all!  God knows all our thoughts (Ps. 94:11) and the motives of our hearts (1Th. 2:4).  He knows our words before we say them (Ps. 139:4), every tear we cry (Ps. 56:8), and every hair on our head (Mt. ).  And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.” (Heb. NKJV)  Truly we can say:

Our God is a mighty God!


Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. Ps. 147:5 ASV
Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. Acts




*It has been said that counting the stars in the Universe is like trying to count the number of sand grains on the beaches of Earth.