and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

God Never Gets Bedhead

You really didn't think I'd use my photo, did you?

       This house we live in has a somewhat annoying feature, but since it was built in 1936, I think there were certain issues they never considered, such as who wants to watch themselves use the toilet.  The mirror is low enough that you can see yourself while seated, which makes some events very interesting  Anyway, this morning was good for a laugh as I gazed at my reflection and there was my bedhead with big eyes staring back at me.  Usually, my hair is not that poofy!  Since it made me laugh, I wondered if the Lord ever chuckles 
ok, leavin’ it there!

       Then I thought about how God would never get bedhead.  I mean, if you don’t sleep then it is logical that you don’t get bedhead.  A god who sleeps could never be omnipotent or omniscient because you can’t know what’s going on everywhere around the world if you are sleeping and if you can’t stay awake, you can’t be all powerful.  As for me, I could never esteem or serve a god who wasn’t all powerful or knowing.  There’s a good reason God does not sleep:

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore. Ps. 121:1-8   
          (keep=preserve=same Hebrew word)

       God is our present help, but He can’t always help us or be with us if He is sleeping.  Scripture indicates He doesn’t sleep, but continually watches over His people to ‘keep’ them- hedge, guard, protect, attend to, observe, preserve, save them.  Wow! 
     He’s like our hedge of protection- to surround for defense, and fortify (Pr. 18:10),
     He guards us from many evils (2Th. 3:2),
     protects us from the enemy (Ps. 41:2),
     attends to our cries (Ps. 61:1),
     observes/ sees us (Gen. 16:13),
     preserves our lives (John ), and
     saves us from our sin (Rom. 5:8).  

Woohoo!!!  Now that’s a great thought for the day.  My God, Creator of heaven and earth, does not sleep so that He can watch over me and keep me safe just like a real Dad.

It makes me feel protect  and loved,
                                              How about you?