and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

A.D.D.

       Women might understand this more than men, but I’m going to write about it anyway.  Today was one of those days where I couldn’t keep focus on prayers.  My mind wandered onto one topic, then another, and finally I’d realize it and refocus.  That would last a couple minutes and then my mind would drift again.  After several mind rambles away from prayers, I apologized to the Lord for being so easily distracted.

       That was when I heard Him (that inner voice) say, “It’s okay, you’re just ADD.”  A little upset, I said, “What do you mean?  I’m not ADD, I’ve never been ADD, and no doctor has ever told me they thought I was.  How can you say that…”  Unexpectedly, I heard Him clarify this way, “You’re a dear daughter!”  Well, that shut me up pretty quickly (a miracle, some would say J) and at the same time made me think how blessed I am that the God of all creation wants to spend time with me.

       Really… dear?  Let’s consider the synonyms: beloved, cherished, prized, valued, treasured, precious, darling, and sweetheart.  There are many people who wouldn’t ‘see’ me that way, even among my family, but my precious Lord sees me that way; how astonishing!  How can you help but love someone back who loves you so unconditionally, and did even before you knew He existed?  I cannot imagine a life without my Lord.

       Let me tell you, growing up I never felt like a dear daughter.  But I have been adopted into God’s family, and I have never felt so dear before.  Why believe and follow a God you can’t see?  It’s for the moments like these that bring a joy and peace in your heart and life which cannot be obtained by any man (for we all fail sooner or later) or by life itself.

       If God is truly no respecter of persons (Acts ) then it follows that He considers you dear to Him, beloved and a treasure.  He wants to be with you in the good times, in the bad times, in the party times, in the quiet times, and all the times in between.  Wherever you are, the Lord is there and is waiting for you to interact with Him.  He treasures every moment you will share with Him.