and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Yesterday

       To understand my post today you will need to know how my day went yesterday.  As usual, I woke up aching along with pain in the joints, but I am used to that and I know one day the Lord will heal me.  Then driving my son to school I found out a precious lady passed away late Monday.  Next, my allergy appointment turned into 2 ½ hours of unexpected tests which left me barely enough time to pick up my son for an appointment and then back to school.  An x-ray for me and a very long, drawn out oil change (I got’er done though!) in which everything went wrong left me exhausted and back on the go instead of on the break I desperately needed.  The rest of the day was pretty much the same right up until when I finally crawled into bed.

       It wasn’t that it was a horrible day worse than any other day I’ve had, but it was emotional, unexpected and frustrating in many ways I didn’t even list.  So there I was in bed having spent only snippets of time with the Lord saying my ‘goodnight’ to Him.  After a sarcastic remark from me He was kind enough to let me know how He feels about me- of course making me feel a little worse for my remark.  I mentioned He might want to be careful because the mood I was in might cause me to tell Him ‘where to go’.  That’s when He said, “Where could you tell me to go that I’m not already there!”

       That short line of truth made me laugh, and then laugh some more.  In fact, I didn’t stop laughing for several minutes as I pondered His response.  It was exactly what I needed to release the tension and frustration of the day.  He cares so much for me that He met me where I was at, loved me, and helped me through the gloom.  My precious Lord knew precisely what I needed and when.

       My greatest desire is that everyone would know the Lord intimately, and interact with Him the way He wants to.  He won’t force His way into your life or heart, but if you are willing He can be a bigger part of it than you ever thought possible- at least that is my experience.  The Lord will be as big a part of your life as you allow Him to be.

My life with Him gets better every day and it can for you too.