and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Best They Can Do

       Friday my hubby had to get some testing done- an ultrasound and x-ray for a shoulder problem.  They gave him a ‘disclaimer’ to sign saying the tests are only 80% ish accurate.  Now, I knew tests could never be 100%, but I did not suspect they could fail 20% of the time!  So I’m thinking that in 2011 with all our technology, computer analysis and knowledge, the percentage of accuracy should be mid to upper 90’s, but apparently not.

       It’s a good thing God doesn’t run by the world’s standards.  We know that if He says something it will come to pass 100% of the time.  We know that what He said is 100% the truth.  We might make errors or interpretive mistakes, but God does not err.  He is omniscient\ all-knowing. (Job 28:24; Ps. 147:5; 1John )  He knows all the past, He knows all the present, and He knows all the future. (Is. 46:9)

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Num.  
The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works. Ps. 145:17 

       We will never completely understand God or His ways*, but He tore the ‘veil’ between us and Him (Mat. 27:51) so that we can have a real relationship with Him, all the time.  And we can count on Him to be righteous and holy in all He does, and to ‘make it good’.  (Rom. )  In reality, we don’t always see it that way, at least I haven’t in the past, but I’m beginning to believe it now.  All the things I truly thought I would not survive?  Well, I’m still here and only a little ‘worse for wear’.  The learning and growing I have done along the way is valuable and my closer relationship to Him- priceless.

       So unlike our technology which fails us or cannot be accurate all of the time, we can count on our Lord who will never fail us (Heb. 13:5) or be less than 100% accurate.  It is great to know there is one person we can count on 100% of the time… even if it doesn’t look like it at the present.  From my own personal experience there is far more peace ‘that passes all understanding’ (Php. 4:7) when I trust God with everything- good and bad- in my life. 

       The world and the best it can offer will never compare to our God.  He is the greatest, most powerful person in the universe, He is on our side walking with us on our journey, and we can count on Him all the time.  100%... no disclaimer needed!



*God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. Job 37:5 
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Is. 55:8 ,9