and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Testimony of Prayer

       I need to preface this post with a strange bit of pertinent information you might not know.  Hamster balls are plastic hollow spheres, with holes in which hamsters, gerbils and other small rodent pets are placed, allowing them to run around outside their cages without the risk of getting lost under furniture or in walls. 
Bet you wonder where this one’s going…

       During the worst struggle of my life I was convinced I would literally not live through it (no, it wasn’t when I had cancer).  It was a torturous time that felt like I was being injured by every weapon available to man, and only a couple friends were here to support me during it.  Then my friends -and many strangers as the information was passed on- began to pray, though they didn’t understand the whole picture, and they didn’t stop praying for a very long time.  Many of them will never know the extent we coveted their prayers!

       Within days of the various groups and individuals lifting us up in prayer it felt like I was walking around in a giant hamster ball (really!), and all the weapons coming at me were bouncing off the ball unable to touch me.  What had been so painful became survivable for me all because many ‘someones’ chose to pray for us and put great effort into it.  Besides having the strength to endure hit after hit, I also found my heart began responding to the Lord more openly again.  I don’t know where I’d be today without the prayers of the saints.

The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. (Jam. 5:16b) ISV
or… The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. KJV
(Remember, through faith in Jesus Christ we are justified and therefore righteous in God's eyes)

with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints, ASV (Eph 6:18)

Pray without ceasing. (1Th. ) 

       Let me just say from the heart, I don’t think I would have survived without the prayers of my brothers and sisters.  I don’t even want to imagine what my life would have been like without them.  Don’t ever trivialize prayer, and don’t take it lightly.  The Lord God, the Creator of all the universe hears those prayers and will help.  Don’t ever think your prayers don’t matter because they are helping whether you see the results or not!  Pray in all seasons with all perseverance (persistence, urgency) and supplication (requests, pleas) for all the saints. 

Thank you to everyone who is praying for someone.  Your prayers are needed.  Keep it up.

Thank You Lord for hearing our prayers and for being with us in all our struggles.