and the One who walks with me on it.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Untitled

       Is it three or four weeks of near continual rain?  I’m not sure anymore.  All I know is there have only been two reasonably warm and dry days of late.  I miss the sun.  I miss having light in the sky and seeing any colour besides gray.  I want to feel the warmth of the sun on my face and try to figure out what the fluffy clouds look like floating by in the blue sky.

       The other day when the sun broke through for a while, I went out and took a picture because it has been so rare that I forgot what a sunny sky looked like.  It was wonderful while it lasted even if it wasn’t very long.  Still, I appreciated it.  It’s weird how we forget to be thankful for the simple things (like sunshine) in life until they are gone.

       I can’t quite remember who I was talking to a couple days ago, but we were commiserating about life’s struggles:  gas prices, taxes, food price increases while wages stay the same, the weather being miserable, and more.  Immediately it dawned on me that we aren’t so bad off.  In Japan with earthquakes, tsunami, and radiation, or the southern U.S. where tornadoes have devastated homes, lives have been lost; here there is no flooding like Australia or drought as in China.  I don’t really worry about my kids being shot, starving, homeless or without medical treatment.  It certainly could be worse!

       Right now, my perception just needs to change.  I need to see the Son shining down in my life.  With His light on my face I can tolerate the gray skies, and be thankful that miserable weather is all we are experiencing.  These scriptures are a reminder that whatever struggles we are in, whether small or great, whether short lived or continual, that God should be thanked- for He gives us peace, comfort and He is with us always*:

-Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;  (Eph. )
-In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1Th. )


*John 14:27- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
2Cor. 1:3- Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Matt. 28:20- Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.   KJV