and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sad Day

     This will be short. Yesterday I received news that my mother had passed away a couple days ago. After dealing with with the police at her apartment, making phone calls and waiting as the body was released to the right people, we were still looking for some of her paperwork. I thought to myself, 'I am an orphan now" because my Dad had passed away in 1995. Quickly in my spirit I heard, "I have not left you an orphan", (Jh. 14:18) The Lord is right of course. I am not an orphan. My Mom and Dad on this earth are gone, but the Creator of us all, and my Father remains with me. And He will never leave me or forsake me. (Hb. 13:5)

     We will be making arrangements today. I take comfort in my Lord now and remember His goodness. It was just Sept. 1 when He poured His peace and love into me and changed how I related with my Mom. (post here) Such a blessing. I am so thankful to the Lord. I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You!

     Needless to say, I will be taking a break... again. Be blessed. And may the God who never leaves us or forsakes us shine His light continually in your life.

Thoughts:
Call your parent often.
Visit and laugh with them.
Make the time to quickly do what is important to them.
Try to leave no regrets...