and the One who walks with me on it.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Jehovah Rophi

     Healing is the process of making or becoming sound or healthy again. I didn’t have many health problems (that I knew of) growing up but looking back I think we were emotionally neglected. I got saved when I was 16 and the first evangelical church I went to believed in praying for healing- so I’ve seen healings with my own eyes. The Lord has used me to lay hands on people and they have been healed. Does God heal today? Absolutely- when He chooses.

     I have had physical, mental and emotional healings, and I think the greatest healings in my life have been mental and emotional. Before I bring them up, let me counter some incorrect notions about healing.

1. You can’t be healed without (enough) faith. Many with faith are not healed, and many without faith have been healed. It is God’s choice when our healing is completed. He is sovereign*, otherwise He is not omnipotent (all power Rv. 19:6)
2. If a person is not healed it is because they have sin in their lives- This one is soooo illogical. Everyone has sin in their lives, Christian or not. I’ve been healed and I’ve NEVER been sin free!
3. Maybe the person laying on hands didn’t do it right or pray right, or the person didn’t receive it right- It is not up to the human, but the Jehovah Rophi, the Lord who heals (Ex. 15:26).
4. I'm sick, disabled, diseased because God is punishing me- He could if He wanted to I guess, but what good and loving Father strikes his child with disease, disabilities and sickness? Usually we just allow our children to suffer the consequences of their own choices. (Cold because they didn’t wear their coat) And this sinful life contributes to many health problems.
For what father of you, if the son asks for bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a snake for a fish? Or if he shall ask for an egg, will he give him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him? Lk. 11:11-13  Who is good? Who is evil?
5. God hates me, that's why He doesn't heal me-Why? For your sin?  For where your mind goes? For what you’ve done? For not obeying Him? For ignoring Him? see #2
6. God doesn’t heal today- Well, that makes me and all others who have been healed, liars or crazy. (Don’t forget, many claimed Jesus didn’t heal certain people when He walked the earth or that the devil worked through Him.) Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever. Hb. 13:8

I’ve been healed of many things, but here are only a few:

Healed of various fears. (1 example- perfection- here, here, and here)
Lungs healed. (here for my story)
Shattered heart from inability to have children healed. (here)
Broken heart from rejection by son healed. (here and here)
Believing  deep down I was stupid, ugly, unlovable- healed over time and by many huge, miraculous leaps


Why hasn’t God completely healed me yet? I don’t know, but if He wanted me to know He would tell me. Until then, I will move forward with God, believe for His ultimate healing here or in Heaven, and pray that no matter what happens, my life, this person I am, would bring Him glory. 

Use my life as You wish oh Lord…




*supreme authority, control, and power over all that has happened, is happening, and will happen in the future
But our God is in Heaven; He has done whatever He has pleased. Ps. 115:3
A man's heart plans his way, but Jehovah directs his steps. Pr. 16:9
And said, O Jehovah, the God of our Fathers, are You not God in Heaven? And do You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations? And is there power and might in Your hand, so that none is able to withstand You? 2Ch. 20:6
He who sits on the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in; who brings the rulers to nothing; He makes the judges of the earth as vanity. Is. 40:22,23
Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the Word of Jehovah to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says Jehovah of Hosts. Zc. 4:6