and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Still Laughing

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go...
       I don't think anyone laughs as much as children.  When mine were 7ish we went on a trip to the east coast.  One evening we went to a comedic performance in a square theatre with three floors of seating.  We were on the main floor with the two kids who thought the actors were so funny, they laughed hysterically most of the first act.  It wasn't annoying anyone but was actually making people laugh more.  Knowing the kids needed to get some energy out at intermission, we walked through the three floors and people were staring and pointing at the kids saying, "That's them! There they are!" and such.  A few commented to us on how it was such a joy and pleasure to hear them laughing and many said it made them laugh all the more.

       Why is it we don't laugh so much as adults.  Too stressed out?  Too busy?  Too worried?  In some parts of the world they have laughing groups that get together just to laugh.  We are too refined for that here in North America...  Life isn't easy.  I get that.  Read my last post and you'll see I have tough times too.  But I love to laugh.  I try to make others smile and laugh every day.  I try to find humour in all kinds of places.  And because the joy and peace of the Lord are with me even in the difficult times, I still laugh today.

       Anyway, so I'll need a few days off to work and hopefully find one vehicle so we can look for the second one.  I'll be like one of the 7 dwarves that brought me smiles and laughter as a child.  So I will return Thursday and hope that my faithful readers will stick with me.  God bless you all and who knows what tomorrow will bring...

       More joy and peace... and laughter!!!

...for the joy of Jehovah is your strength. Nh. 8:10
...count it all joy when you fall into different kinds of temptations ... so that you may be perfect and entire, lacking nothing. Jm. 1:2,4
And may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Rm. 15:13
For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we trust in His holy name. Ps. 33:21
I have spoken these things to you so that My joy might remain in you and your joy might be full. pJh. 15:11