and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Backwards Through the Ten Commandments



This will be short and sweet today…

       I wasn’t your typical teenager.  Most of my life people would consider me ‘a good girl’ meaning I didn’t get into trouble for doing the wrong things.  This led to a judgmental attitude against, well, everyone for just about anything I felt was important.  In the confessional I used to lie, confessing to false sins because I really didn’t know any sins I actually did- of course basing these false sins on those which are seen but ignoring those which are hidden in us.

       For the most part I figured- I followed the Ten Commandments, and isn’t that all I needed to go to Heaven?  Little did I know the full extent of what it meant to truly follow them, and what the Lord said about their importance or I would never have claimed to follow them.  So for the next ten posts I will be writing about the Commandments and what they really mean, especially by today’s standards.  For ease I will begin with the last one and work my way up to the first.

Before I begin:

How well do you follow the Ten Commandments?

Does this make you good enough for Heaven?