and the One who walks with me on it.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

When I Don’t Post Sometimes…



       Ever wonder why I occasionally fail to post?  Although I try to take one day off a week, any other days are probably due to falling asleep while typing.  Have you ever waken up after doing that?  Usually my neck is a little stiff, I end up cold since I don’t have a cover on, or both.  Often I just close my eyes for that second of rest and ‘boom,’ I’m out.

      You’d think by now that I’d get the posts done earlier.  In fact, I could do them the day before which would be best and schedule them to release the next day, but it never seems to work out for more than a couple days.  For some reason, it seems like the only time I can work on them is late at night when my body would rather sleep.  Obviously the night thing doesn’t always work out either…

       Some people struggle to sleep, but I am not one of them.  I have slept through many colourful animations or action packed movies.  I have slept in the car sitting upright, in a restaurant with my head on the table, on a couch in the middle of a store, and balled up on the back seat of my car in more places than I can count.  It doesn’t matter if the sun is shining or it’s as black as a moonless night.  Noise doesn’t seem to hinder me either; only being cold or having WAY too much on my mind.

       That last but rare time I really rely on the Lord for His help.  Often I will relax by thinking of meeting Jesus when He was mortal.  Other times I remember and quote to myself some Scriptures on sleeping.  Here are some of the interesting ones:

I will lie down, both in peace and in sleep. For You alone, Jehovah, make me dwell in safety. Ps. 4:8
It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He gives His beloved sleep. Ps. 127:2
When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yea, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Pr. 3:24
I sleep, but my heart is awake. It is the sound of my Beloved that knocks, saying, Open to Me, My sister, My love, My dove, My undefiled; for My head is filled with dew, My locks with the drops of the night. SoS. 5:2


Precious Lord, be with us in our sleep tonight!!!