and the One who walks with me on it.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Trinity, Three In One

          or Three Days to Christmas
 
       My favorite 'three' of all is my favorite three people in the world.  My Father, My Savior (Jesus), and My Comforter.  It took me decades to understand the trinity and I know my understanding is humanly limited. Three distinct people- one God.  At one point I realized whether or not I ever understood the concept, it didn't matter.  All that mattered is that I believe / trust God's Word and what it said on the matter.  Eventually more understanding would come (and it did) but total understanding will only be had in the presence of my God...
 
And quite honestly, I need all three in my life. 
I cannot be complete if I exclude any one of them.
 
 
And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness... Gn. 1:26
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 1Jh. 5:7
Hear, O, Israel. Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. Dt. 6:4
I and the Father are one! Jh. 10:30
that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. Jh. 17:21
 
Some think the Old Testament doesn't verify the Trinity, but it does:
     Father- Is. 64:8; Dt. 32:6; Ps. 89:26
     Son- Is. 9:6; Ps. 2:7; Pr. 30:4
     Holy Spirit- 1Sm. 19:20; Is. 32:15; Ps. 51:11

(Some other Trinity Scriptures: Mt, 28:19; Lk. 1:35; Jh. 14:26; Ac. 2:32,33; 1Cr. 12:4-6; 2Cr. 13:14; Gl. 4:6; Ep. 4:4-6; Cl. 2:9;  1Pt. 1:2)