and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Freedom



       These days, on Thursdays I wake up, take my medication, go to the washroom, run on the treadmill in my warm house while watching some dvd show on our tv.  After cleaning up and some stretching I drive my daughter to school, come home to wake up my son, eat breakfast, read my Bible, maybe some news, then drive him to the bus stop- too far to walk.  After that I show up early at my church for a Bible study on Revelation often spending time with my friend afterwards laughing about one thing or another.

       That all encompasses about 6½ hours in one morning.  As today is Remembrance Day in Canada, I would like to remember many of the freedoms I enjoy which some people around the world do not, and I’ll narrow it down into those specific Thursday morning hours.

Freedom:
   to wake up without worry of missiles exploding my house.
   for hubby to have a good job of his choice that has benefits to cover medication.
   to vote for municipal governments which help keep our utilities (like water) flowing.
   to own a house just for our family instead if 50 others vying for the washroom.
   for hubby to have a good paying job so we can buy things that improve our health.
   to have companies that sell us electricity and also provide jobs in the community.
   to heat my house by any method 
      (government approved of course) of our choosing.
   to possess our own house, where we want.
   to watch what I want to watch instead of government 
      sponsored propaganda.
   to go out of my house in pants, a shirt, or whatever I 
      want- as a woman.
   to have as many kids as we want and raise them with 
      our beliefs and values.
   to help my daughter achieve a post secondary education.
   to go to an educational establishment that is open to all 
      races, creeds, cultures.
   to bring my son to a school in a different area but better 
      suited to him.
   to go to the stores I want and buy what I want when I want it.
   to own a Bible, read it when I want where I want.
   to read the news of the local and world when I want to.
   to drive, own  and insure a vehicle as a woman.
   to attend the church of any ‘religion’ of my choice without threat of death or prison.
   to study the Bible openly with others and openly discuss it free from persecution.
   to learn and grow in ways some countries are not able to.
   to meet with friends when I want, speak openly about whatever we want

lewallpaper.com
       In all of this I am sure there are lots missing even though it was only 6½ hours long.  Imagine all that freedom.  There are soldiers who have done much to protect these freedoms for us here: big thank you one and all!  There are those who fight for freedom to speak, to choose our own paths, to be accepted no matter the ethnicity, to stand up for what we believe in, vote our conscience, etc.  Of course, many have fought hard for the right to believe and practice our own ‘religion’.  The thing is, we should ALL fight for freedom everyday (passively but aggressively if needed) and make sure our kids understand the importance of freedom.

       In all my life I have experienced much freedom thanks to all that have gone before me, and I am grateful to each one who stood against the enemy to keep freedom alive.  Of course my biggest thank you’s go to my Lord and my Savior who has given me true freedom, not just the ones I enjoy in this body, but also frees my spirit- from bondage and a place of eternal death in sin.

Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever practices sin is the slave of sin. And the slave does not abide in the house forever, but the Son abides forever. Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed. Jh. 8:34-36

Thank You, thank You, thank You for Your great freedom oh Lord!!!