and the One who walks with me on it.

Friday, October 11, 2013

In Preparation

       Well, I've just spent the majority of the day getting all the final tasks completed for our Thanksgiving supper with my family tomorrow.  My husband is such a blessing because he does the large gathering meals as I'm too chicken.  That leaves much of the last minute cleaning, arranging and buying to me.  So I set about my tasks today with ambivalence since this kind of thing isn't something I truly enjoy, but seeing it finally completed, there is a sense of satisfaction.
 
       All this just so we can have 20 to 25 guests for a delicious meal and good conversation.  Work, effort, money, time, frustration, planning, and emailing were all employed towards this one day- yep, just one day!  The house has to look nice, the dishes have to be clean with the correct amount, the food prepared in advance with seasonings and cooked to perfection (only hubby does that in this house...).  So much to do, so little time, but all worth it when the guests arrive.
 
       I'm so excited to finally get to see some of my nephews and nieces because it's been a while, and now some of them have young children.   Another nephew is getting married later this year and it's the first time I see him since he got engaged.  It will be a full house and probably happily noisy, just the way I like it.  Full and fun.
 
       As I glanced at the clean kitchen for one last check, and I was satisfied it was complete, I thought about how the Lord is preparing a place for us to live with Him and the Father one day. 
 
Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions*; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know. Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You go, and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.  Jh. 14:1-6  *residences, abodes.
 
 
       Jesus' statement for believers is to 'not let our hearts be troubled' for this reason- we can believe in God and Jesus; and they have prepared a place for us to live with them for all eternity.  One day Jesus will come again to take us home with Him.  But the only way we can live in this abode with them, is through the Way, the Truth and the Life- in other words, only through Jesus.
 
       Thank You Lord that You have prepared a place for us to live with You forever one day.  I just know You are looking forward to receive us on that day, and there we will have pleasures evermore.  Thank You for salvation through Jesus Christ.  We are eternally grateful!