and the One who walks with me on it.

Monday, April 29, 2013

What If We Knew the Date?



       We all know many people have claimed this or that date as the end of the world, the rapture, when the Antichrist is revealed or Jesus returns (Mt. 24:3-14).  The dates come and they go with nothing remarkable about them.  Perhaps the one and maybe only good thing about the claims is they make people think about our time being limited.  So, what if we, as followers of Christ, knew the thirties (random date- 17 years away) is when the Book of Revelation will take place.

Would it change the way we are living today?

How much harder would we try to share Jesus with our loved ones?
Then we are ambassadors on behalf of Christ, as God exhorting through us, we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.  2Cor. 5:20

Would we have more boldness to share the gospel with strangers?
And He said to them, Go into all the world, proclaim the gospel to all the creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved  Mk. 16:15,16

Would we give more money to further the gospel reach?

Would we care less about toys, technology, job advancement and financial freedom than care for others?
For what is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? Mt. 16:26

Would we try to be more Christ-like?
The night is far spent, the day is at hand; therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk becomingly, as in the day; not in carousings and drinking; not in co-habitation and lustful acts; not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not take thought beforehand for the lusts of the flesh.  Rom. 13:12-14

What exactly would we do

                 or would we just put everything off for another day because they’ve been saying the end is near since the apostle’s time- and it hasn’t come yet!

       The truth is it could start tomorrow, or a week or month from now.  How many people will not hear the gospel because we don’t think the end is near?  The problem with that thinking is we can’t count on those unsaved souls being alive tomorrow.  They could get in an accident, die of a heart attack, someone could murder them or an airplane can land on their head.  If they die without Jesus Christ as their Lord, they will be in hell.  Is that what we want? 

When I say to the wicked, You shall surely die; and you do not give him warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked one shall die in his iniquity; but I will require his blood at your hand.  Ez. 3:18

       I’m questioning myself tonight because it’s been a long time since I felt like I was putting great effort in sharing the gospel.  I look around at the people all around me and I wonder where they will spend eternity.  Sure, I want them to be in Heaven, but do I want it enough to do something about it.

I’m gonna need to think about this more


Lord, I’d like more opportunities to speak about You.
          Please open up those doors for me and I will walk through!