and the One who walks with me on it.

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Inconsistent Posting



       Not that these are excuses, but I thought I’d give you my reasons for not posting the past two days.  Thursday my plans were to drop Nate off at the bus stop, go to the church to work in the library, then go home, post, then work on income tax.  After the library, I got home at 12:15 pm, looked in my agenda to find a phone number and noticed I had an important doctor appointment at 11:00 am.   
                                                    Oops!

       I quickly called and found out they’d still accept me so I raced out of the house with only a drink of water before I went.  By the time I got home it was suppertime and I had to eat cuz I was hungry, and then I fell asleep while spending time with my son.

       Yesterday, my plans were to jog after I dropped of Nate, work on our taxes, send them and then get to a friend’s house by 11:00 am for a visit.  When I got back from the bus stop I talked to hubby too long so I couldn’t run, taxes took way longer than expected as it was my first time net-filing*.

       But the new method of filing was difficult for me to figure out how to input certain numbers as I do not work so my husband can claim me, and one of my kid’s deductions failed to show up.  After getting done at around 1:30 pm, I still wanted to go relax at my friends so it was a later visit, an even later supper, and I was too tired again.

       My friends were kind of perplexed by my frustration at doing taxes when I could pay someone to do them.  The truth is I am an extremely frugal person.  I do not spend money on things I do not need to (unless it’s gifts or occasional treats) and I am able to do our taxes so TO ME it is wasteful to spend the money.

       Long ago I decided to accept myself for who I am, and so I am okay with me being this frugal and anti-waste.  I try not to interfere or show disapproval when others (imo) ‘waste’ their money in my presence because only our money is my concern.  Besides, during hubby’s 3 ½ year layoff, my frugality came in handy as we survived with minimal debt incurred.

       The way I see it, the Lord put me in the family and environment in order to help form my personality into who I am today.  And He wanted me to have particular skills, temperament and desires for His kingdom’s purpose, so why should I not like myself?  I am who I am today because of the grace and mercy of our Lord, and I am very grateful for His working in my life.


For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.  Php. 2:13
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.  Rom. 11:29 (these all ESV)
Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.  2Tm. 2:21
The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever  Ps. 138:8 

       I guess my point in this post is that if we are not harming anyone, and are not sinning (we should work on those facets), we need to be okay with our own personality.  We also should not expect others to be like us, because God made us all different. 
          (Thank You Lord!)
 
       Be happy that the Lord made us all different because otherwise life would be boring or far more frustrating.  And God loves each of us for who we are, and so we should love others for who they are- God’s wonderful creation.


And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him. He created them male and female.  Gen. 1:27
And God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good  Gen. 1:31
 




*yes, there really are free income tax programs for Canadians-
           I found one for every income level free
Government link showing software offers here